Nutty herbed pasta
This is a dish just perfect for those times when you crave something simply and healthy to get by a lunch time with at least some quality nutrition. The pasta is good enough to give the energising carbs and the seeds and olive oil are a great way to get your essential fats. Top quick recipe.
1 ½ bowl boiled pasta, 1 cup coriander sprigs, 1 cup parsley sprigs, 1 cup finely chopped spinach, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds, 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds, a knob of butter, 1 green chilli, 10 – 12 green olives, extra virgin olive oil, salt to taste
- Roast the pumpkin and sunflower seeds in butter in a pan for about 3 – 4 minutes, until they have slightly changed colour and are crispy to bite.
- Add the coriander, parsley, spinach, garlic, olives, green chilli, the seeds and about 2 – 3 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil to a grinder and grind well into a paste.
- Add this paste to the pasta and season it with salt as per taste.
- Rub in the paste adequately to ensure proper mixing.
- Add a knob of butter and heat in the microwave for about 2 minutes. Remove and give it a thorough mix before serving.