Beetroot crumble patties with sautéd salad
2 medium grated beetroot, 2 medium peeled and boiled potatoes, one bread slice crushed into breadcrumbs, ½ cup crushed dalia (roasted chana dal), ½ cup crushed peanuts, ½ chopped coriander, 1 tablespoon chilli powder, 1 tablespoon chaat masala, ½ tablespoon mix cumin and coriander powder, ½ tablespoon garam masala (optional), ½ tablespoon ginger powder, a pinch of crushed black pepper and salt to taste (preferably black salt)
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan. Add beetroot and sauté it for 10 – 15 minutes at a medium flame.
- Transfer the beetroot to a mixing bowl and add all the above ingredients.
- Mix them thoroughly well to make a dough like mixture.
- Divide the mix into small portions, roll and flatten in your hands to make the raw shaped patties.
- Place them on a hot pan coated with little oil and cook them on both sides till light brown in colour.
Chop some onions (length wise) and green pepper. Grate 1 big carrot. Sauté them on a hot pan in butter or extra virgin olive oil for about 5 – 6 minutes. Transfer in a plate and place the patties on a bed of this salad. Decorate with ketchup or mayonnaise.
Try using green onions in the salad and adding lots of coriander as well. Any other fresh vegetables will also just increase the taste of the dish on the whole