Indian vegetarian spinach, tomato and onion omelette
1 cup washed and chopped spinach, ½ cup chopped onions, ½ cup tomatoes, a pinch a turmeric, 1 table spoon ginger garlic paste, ¼ tablespoon chilli powder, ½ tablespoon mixed cumin and coriander power, 3 -4 tablespoon gram flour and salt to taste.
- Add all the above ingredients to a bowl and add ½ cup water to it.
- Mix thoroughly so as to make a thick but easily spreadable batter.
- Pour some oil over a heating pan and move the pan so as to coat the entire surface with oil.
- Pour a reasonable amount of the batter on the pan, depending on how thick or thin you want the omelette to be.
- Cook it on one side at medium flame for about 5 – 7 minutes. Then toss it and cook it on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with ketchup or mint chutney. Try garnishing it with cheese before serving. Alternatively, the omelette can be sandwiched between slightly toasted bread with some added cheese to make it a more filling meal.
Eggs can also be used instead of gram flour.