Green mung daal uttapam…Lentil batter omelette with fresh greens
A light healthy snack or breakfast
1 ½ cup of overnight soaked yellow mung daal, ½ cup water, 1 cup chopped spinach, 1 cup chopped coriander, 1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, salt to taste.
- Grind all the above ingredients to make a smooth batter.
- Pour some oil over a heating pan and move the pan so as to coat the entire surface with oil.
- Pour a reasonable amount of the batter on the pan, depending on how thick or thin you want the uttapam.
- Cook it on one side at medium flame for about 5 – 7 minutes. Then toss it and cook it on the other side for another 5 minutes.
- Serve with sweet chilli sauce or sugared yogurt.
Try a tip:
Try adding finely sliced green onions to the batter. Also, you could add grated cheese to the uttapam while still on the pan but after it has cooked to about 90%.
In case, the batter turns out a little too thin, just add some chick pea flour to bring the batter to the required consistency. Mix thoroughly before use.