Green salad pasta
A perfect recipe to feel fresh, light and detoxicated. The delicate taste of the greens with light seasoning is bound to make you feel healthy and fit…and its not just a feeling. With so much green, the recipe is haelthy indeed.
2 cups boiled pasta, 2 finely chopped green chillies (for a spicy tinge, if desired), 3 – 4 chopped spring onions, 3 crushed garlic cloves, ½ tablespoon ginger powder, 1 sliced bell pepper, 2 tablespoons green pesto, 1 large bowl of chopped green salad (rocket, water cress and spinach), a few pieces of sundried tomatoes, sweet corn kernels, mixed herbs (alternatively use oregano and basil) and freshly crushed black pepper corns as per taste, salt to taste and oil to cook, pine nuts to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it with the green chillies (if using).
- Sauté the spring onions and then add ginger powder and garlic and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes. Here on, cook at medium or slow flame, else the delicate fresh taste of the green salad will be lost.
- Add bell pepper and sauté them for 2 minutes.
- Now, add the green pesto and chopped green salad and mix thoroughly.
- Add the mixed herbs, crushed black pepper corn and salt and stir lightly.
- Add boiled pasta, sun dried tomatoes and corn niblets and mix thoroughly. Cook for 2 -3 minutes.
- Garnish with pine nuts when serving.
Try a tip:
Try adding mint leaves to the salad mix or try using grilled halloumi cheese or fresh crumbly feta cheese as the garnish. Also, you can try adding a dash of sweet or lemony dressing to the pasta.