Veg. manchow soup
My favourite chinese soup…healthy and tasty
5 – 6 spring onions, 1 green chilli, 4 garlic cloves, a chunk of fresh ginger, ½ cup finely chopped bell pepper, ½ cup finely mushrooms, ½ cup finely chopped cabbage, ½ cup finely chopped green beans, ½ cup finely chopped cabbage and broccoli, a hand full of sweet corn kernels, ½ cup finely chopped carrot, 3 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon chilli sauce, 1 ½ tablespoon vinegar, 400 ml veg. stock, ¼ tablespoon crushed black pepper powder, 2 ½ tablespoons corn flour paste (corn flour diluted in water to get the desired consistency).
- Chop the spring onions and separate the white and green parts.
- Grind ½ the white onions along with green chilli, garlic and ginger to form a coarse paste.
- Heat very little oil in a pan and sauté the remaining ½ of the white part of the spring onions.
- Add the coarse onion paste to the pan and sauté for another 2 minutes.
- Add all the vegetables and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add veg. stock and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add soy sauce, vinegar, pepper powder and chilli sauce and bring to boil.
- Shimmer for some time and then add corn flour paste. Shimmer again.
- Garnish with chopped green onions (the green part) and serve with fried noodles.