An all time quick favourite pasta recipe
100 grams boiled spaghetti, 10 -12 sliced into 2 and boiled green beans, 2 boiled potatoes chopped into large chunky pieces, 2 chopped spring onions (keep the chopped whites and greens separate), ¼ tablespoon garlic powder, ¼ tablespoon chilli flakes, 2 tablespoon green pesto, ½ tablespoon lemon juice, ½ tablespoon extra virgin oil and salt to taste
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a pan and add the chopped spring onion whites to it. Sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add green pesto, chilli flakes and garlic powder and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes
- Add the green beans and potatoes and ensure that the green pesto gets coated on to the vegetables properly. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the spaghetti, lemon juice and salt and stir well. Cook for 5 minutes
- Garnish with spring onion green before serving.
Try a tip
Try garnishing with pine kernels or crispy bread crumbs to add an extra bite to this dish