Baby corn sesame noodles
A quick noodle recipe with a unique taste
1 ½ cup boiled noodles, 9 – 10 sliced and boiled baby corn, 2 boiled and sliced carrots, 4 chopped spring onions, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon crushed ginger garlic, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, ½ tablespoon chilli flakes, ½ tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon lime juice, ¼ tablespoon black pepper powder, ½ tablespoon ground cinnamon powder, oil to cook and salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it with chilli flakes and crushed ginger garlic. Cook this infusion for about 5 – 7 minutes so that the flavours are properly absorbed in the oil.
- Then, add the sesame seeds and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Thereafter, sauté the spring onions for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add black pepper powder, cinnamon, sugar and soy sauce and cook for 3 minutes
- Add the noodles, lime juice and salt and mix well. Cook for 2 – 3 minutes and serve hot
Try a tip:
Try using fresh lemon grass to bring a fresh taste to the noodles or use crushed peanuts to garnish to add an extra bit.