Hot and sour Thai corn noodle soup
A deliciously yummy and filling soup
3 garlic cloves, 1 tablespoon crushed root ginger, 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 green chillies, 8 – 9 large mint leaves, ½ onion sliced lengthwise, ½ bell pepper sliced lengthwise, 8 – 10 baby corn sliced lengthwise and boiled, 1 carrot sliced lengthwise and boiled, 12 – 15 small broccoli florets, handful of minutely chopped coriander, ½ cup boiled noodles, 1 cup vegetable stock, 4 – 5 tablespoons coconut cream
- Grind the garlic, ginger, green chillies and mint leaves together.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the above mixture to it. Allow it to sizzle and cook for about 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the onion and sauté it.
- Add the bell pepper and sauté it for another 2 minutes
- Add the baby corn, carrots and broccoli and mix thoroughly. Sauté for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, coconut cream, lemon juice, salt and noodles and bring to boil. Add water as per requirement is the soup has turned out to be too thick.
- Allow the soup to boil for 4 – 5 minutes and then allow it to shimmer for another 5 minutes.
- Mix in the coriander and serve piping hot.