Hara bhara kebabs…green kebabs
A lovely starter to start off a special evening…with all these greens, nutrition can’t be far behind.
400 gms boiled and drained dry peas, 3 boiled and drained dry potatoes, 1 large bowl of chopped spinach, 1 large bowl of chopped coriander, 1 tablespoon chat masala, ½ tablespoon ginger powder, ½ tablespoon black pepper powder, ½ tablespoon finely ground green chillies, black salt to taste, oil to cook
- Mash the peas and potatoes together.
- To it, add the coriander and spinach.
- Add all the other spices and mix thoroughly to form a dough-like lump.
- Divide this lump into small portions. Roll each of this portion in your hands and then press lightly to form a cutlet
- Heat oil on a wide surfaced pan and roast the cutlets on each side for about 10 minutes. Alternatively, these can be baked in the oven at 200⁰C for about 30 minutes and a change of side after 15 minutes.
- Enjoy with tamarind chutney and mint chutney.
Try a tip:
Try adding crushed mint to the mashed peas and potatoes for an extra twist.