Cherry tomato and pepper pasta
A fresh and quick pasta recipe to fill the tummy and the senses soul
1 ½ sliced bell pepper (different colours if possible), 10 – 12 halved cherry tomatoes, 1 sliced red onion, 1 ½ cups of boiled pasta, 1 tablespoon dried mixed herbs, 1 ½ tablespoons crushed ginger and garlic, chilli flakes and coarse black pepper powder to taste, 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, salt to taste and oil to cook, lettuce and Caesar salad dressing to garnish
- Heat some oil in a pan and add chilli flakes to it. Let it sizzle for a few seconds.
- Add the crushed ginger-garlic and cook for 2 minutes, till it appears golden in colour.
- Add the onions and cook till they appear translucent.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Stir in the black pepper, dried herbs and salt.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and mix well. Cook for just 2 -3 minutes to ensure that the herbs are absorbed into the cherry tomatoes but the latter doesn’t loose its flavour.
- Add the pasta and lemon juice and stir well. Cook with lid on for 5 minutes with occasional stirring.
- Make a single layer of lettuce leaves on plate and dress it with Caesar salad dressing.
- Layer the pasta over the lettuce to serve.
Try a tip
Try adding chunky cubes of Edam cheese to the pasta after turning off the flame.