Spinach and butternut squash soup
1 small chopped and boiled potato, 50 gms chopped and boiled butternut squash, 100 gms baby spinach, 1 small chopped red onion, ½ green chilli, 1 glass warm water, 40 ml milk, 1 tablespoon crushed ginger garlic, ½ tablespoon vegetable stock powder, handful of finely chopped coriander, salt and coarse black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a pan and temper it with green chilli and crushed ginger and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes, till the garlic starts turning golden.
- Add onions and sauté for about 3 minutes, till the onions start becoming translucent.
- Add the potatoes and butternut squash and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Add the spinach and coriander and cook for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the above mix to a blender, add a little water and make a thick paste. Ensure that all ingredients have blended well.
- Transfer this back to the pan and add water to bring it to the desired consistency.
- Add vegetable stock powder, salt and crushed pepper and bring to boil.
- Add milk and shimmer for 6 – 7 minutes.
Serve with warm buttered bread.