Indian red kidney bean salad / Indian chick pea salad
A quick lentil salad recipe for the Indians not so very fond of salads!
300 gms boiled red kidney beans, ½ sliced bell pepper, ½ chopped and boiled sweet potato, 1 small sliced red onion, ½ tablespoon chaat masala, ¼ tablespoon chilli flakes, ½ tablespoon fresh lemon juice, ¾ tablespoon crushed ginger-garlic, ½ tablespoon cumin seeds, salt to taste and oil to cook, spring onion greens to garnish, nan bread croutons for serving
- Heat oil in a pain and crackle the cumin seeds and chilli flakes in it
- Add the ginger-garlic crush and cook for 2 minutes.
- Sauté the onions till they are slightly change colour.
- Add the bell pepper and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the red kidney beans, sweet potatoes, chaat masala and lemon juice and mix well. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 200⁰C and prepare a nan bread. Cook it for 2 minutes more than the instructions on the packet to make it slightly crunchier. Remove the nan from the oven and break into small pieces by hand to nan bread croutons.
- Garnish the bean salad with spring onion greens and serve with nan bread croutons.
Substitute the red kidney beans with chick peas to make the Indian chick salad.