A quick healthy and yummy salad for those days when you dont want any fuss
1 bowl sliced mushroom, 1 sliced red onion, ½ cup boiled broccoli florets, 1 boiled beetroot, ½ cup boiled and chopped sweet potatoes, 1 sliced bell pepper, handful of rocket leaves, handful of baby spinach, salt and coarse black pepper to taste, extra virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, caeser salad dressing, broken walnuts and sultanas to garnish
- Sauté the mushrooms on a pan using the extra virgin olive oil.
- When the mushrooms have turned slightly brown (a shade between light and dark brown), turn off the flame and add the onions and bell peppers to the flame.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and stir well to ensure proper seasoning.
- In a salad bowl, mix the sweet potatoes, beetroot, broccoli, rocket and spinach leaves and season the vegetables with balsamic vinegar.
- Add the roasted mushrooms, onions and bell peppers to the rest of the vegetables in the salad bowl and now season with the caeser dressing.
- Mix well and garnish with walnuts and sultanas.
Try a tip:
Try adding feta or mozzarella cheese for a creamier taste. Alternative, add chopped a chopped avocado for a healthy creamy substitution for cheese.