Pea and mint soup
300 grams boiled peas, 1 medium sized boiled and chopped sweet potato, ½ chopped red onion, ¾ tablespoon ginger-garlic crush, 2 tablespoons thick yogurt, 1 tablespoon vegetable stock powder, 15 – 20 fresh mint leaves, handful of chopped coriander, oil to sauté, salt and pepper to taste, a few drops of fresh lemon juice to serve.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add the ginger-garlic crush and onion to it. Cook till the onions become translucent.
- Add the peas and sweet potatoes to it and stir well to ensure proper mixing of the seasoning.
- Transfer the entire lot to a blender and blend into a thick slurry paste by adding just the required amount of water. Usually, 4 – 5 tablespoons should do the trick. Transfer this paste back into the pan.
- Now, blend the yogurt, mint leaves, coriander leaves, vegetable stock powder and water (just enough to make a slightly watery paste).
- Add this mint paste to the tick pea paste in the pan and stir well to ensure proper mixing.
- Add salt and pepper as per taste and bring to boil, stirring constantly at intervals to ensure that the yogurt does not curdle.
- Turn off the flame and add a few drops of fresh lemon juice just before serving.
Try a tip
Add boiled broccoli or boiled pasta to the soup to make it heartier. Alternatively, use fresh sour cream instead of yogurt to make it creamier.