Shredded cabbage rice
2 cups roughly shredded cabbage (not very fine), 1 ½ cup boiled rice, ½ tablespoon black mustard seed, ½ tablespoon cumin seeds, 1 tablespoon red chilli powder, 1 tablespoon cumin-coriander powder, a pinch of aestofida, 3 tablespoon tomato ketchup, a pinch of turmeric, salt to taste and oil to cook, spring onion greens and sunflower seeds to garnish
- Heat oil in a pan and crackle the mustard and cumin seeds in it.
- Add a pinch of aestofida and throw in the shredded cabbage. Mix well.
- Add the chilli powder, cumin-coriander powder, turmeric and salt and mix well. Cover and cook till the cabbage is ¾ cooked. This should take about 15 minutes.
- Transfer this to a frying pan and add the rice and tomato sauce to it. Mix well and spread it all over the pan so that it covers the entire surface area.
- Cook on a high flame for another 5 – 7 minutes, intermittently stirring and re-spreading the rice again after every 2 minutes to ensure that it doesn’t stick to the pan or burn.
- Let the rice sizzle for a while and then turn off the flame, and stir in the sunflower seeds and spring onion greens.
- Serve straight from the pan.