Cabbage and corn rice
A lunch timefavourite for me…
1 bowl boiled rice, 3 tablespoon sweet corn kernels, 1 cup chopped cabbage, ½ chopped red onion, 1 ½ tablespoons roasted sesame seeds, 1 tablespoon crushed ginger garlic, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 1 tablespoon rice vinegar, ½ tablespoon chilli flakes, black pepper to taste, oil to cook and salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and temper it with chilli flakes and crushed ginger garlic. Cook this infusion for about 5 – 7 minutes so that the flavours are properly absorbed in the oil.
- Add the onions and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Then, add the cabbage to it and cook till it is soft but has some bite left.
- Add the sweet corn kernels, soy sauce and vinegar and cook for another 5 – 7 minutes.
- Add the rice, salt and black pepper powder and stir well.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds before serving.