Roast aubergine tapas
Trying to get rid of anaubergine has never been so tasty!
1 aubergine halved lengthwise into 2, 1 tablespoon garlic granules (alternatively use finely crushed garlic), ½ tablespoon ginger powder, ½ tablespoon black pepper powder, ½ tablespoon crushed paprika, 4 tablespoon olive oil, 1 leek chopped horizontally (alternatively, use long sliced red onion), 2 tablespoon sun flower seeds (alternatively, use sesame seeds), ½ tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon butter
- Make the marinade as follows: mix together 3 tablespoons of olive oil, garlic granules, ginger powder, black pepper powder and salt and give it a good mix.
- Make 3 slashes into the aubergine flesh such that the cuts are deep enough, but do not cut the skin of the aubergine on the opposite side.
- Holding the aubergine in your hand, use a spoon to drip the marinade into the aubergine cuts. Apply some marinade to the surface aubergine flesh as well. Keep aside for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, apply some olive oil to the aubergine skin and pour the rest of the olive on the surface.
- Bake the aubergines at 200⁰C in oven for 50 minutes.
- In the mean time, add butter to a pan and roast the sunflower seeds.
- Then add the chopped leeks and sauté for about 6 – 7 minutes. Turn off the flame and sprinkle the sugar over it. Mix well and allow the sugar to melt.
- Remove the aubergines after 50 minutes and place them on a serving tray. Cut each aubergine half into 3 pieces.
- Layer the sautéd leeks on the aubergine and serve warm
Try a ti
If you are not a great fan of chilli, then substitute the chilli in the marinade with parsley and basil…or even mixed herbs will do.