Roast pepper tapas
2 red peppers, 1 carrot, 4 – 5 broccoli florets, 6 – 7 green beans, 2 garlic cloves, a knob of fresh root ginger, ¼ tablespoon paprika, salt to taste and oil to cook, a couple of pinches of dried mixed herbs, a drizzle worth of balsamic vinegar, feta cheese
- Chop the peppers in halves and de-seed them, thus making a cavity.
- Grind together all the other vegetables (with no water at all) and seasonings to form a course paste.
- Roast this blended on a heated pan with constant stirring for about 5 -6 minutes to banish the raw ginger and garlic flavour and any water that may have appeared due to the crushing of the vegetables.
- Fill the pepper cavities with this mix, oil the pepper surfaces and roast for 25 minutes at 200⁰C.
- Remove into a serving plate and serve with a light drizzle of balsamic vinegar, a spinkle of mixed herbs and a chunk of feta cheese.