Spicy crunchy rice
So, here is a fresh recipe to overcome the xmas fat and sweet food overload
1 cup boiled rice, 4 chopped mushrooms, ½ chopped onion, ½ carrot cut into medium sized batons, ¼ cucumber sliced length wise, ½ bell pepper sliced length wise, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 4 -5 sliced red radish, a small know of ginger, ½ tablespoon paprika, salt and black pepper to season, oil to cook
- Heat some oil in a pan and temper it with ginger and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the paprika and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms, carrots, radish and bell peppers and cook for about 5 – 7 minutes. Assure that the vegetables are only half cooked so as to retain their crunchiness.
- Add the rice, cucumber, salt and pepper and cook for another 3 minutes before serving
Try a tip
Try substituting the rice with quinoa for a healthier option or add a squeeze of lemon juice before serving to bring out more flavours.