Hearty Italian farmer’s soup
Saying thanks to my Italian friend Vally, I publish this recipe as a memoir of my first days at Manchester University…
½ cup boiled pasta, ½ cup broccoli, ½ cup finely chopped carrots, ½ cup medium sliced green beans, 7 – 8 sliced mushrooms, 1 small chopped 1 tablespoon crushed ginger-garlic, 2 tablespoon vegetable stock powder, salt and pepper to taste, oil to cook
- Heat some oil in a pan and temper it with crushed ginger-garlic. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the onions and for another 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook till they become soft.
- Add the rest of the vegetables and sauté for another 6 – 7 minutes.
- Add glass of water and bring to boil. Keep boiling till the vegetables get cooked.
- Lower the flame and add pre-cooked pasta, vegetable stock powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook for another 7 – 8 minutes. Add water if needed to bring to a desired consistency.
- Serve with a hard baguette and butter.
Try a tip
Try tempering the oil with a pinch of chilli flakes for added flavour. Alternatively, try adding ½ tablespoon of green pesto while sautéing the vegetables for added flavour.