Poha…seasoned rice flake snack
This is the one of the most traditional dishes from mumbai, absolutely adored by the locals. A healthy breakfast and a quick snack, it has saved my face many a days. Simply and savory, the every liked Pohas…
2 cups washed and water drained poha, 1 chopped medium onion, 1 chopped and boiled potato, 2 -3 chopped green chillies, ¼ tablespoon turmeric powder, ¼ tablespoon black mustard seeds, ¼ tablespoon cumin seeds, ½ cup roughly crushed peanuts, 1 cup chopped coriander, a pinch of sugar and a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, salt to taste and oil to cook
- Heat some oil in a pan and temper it with mustard seeds. Allow them to crackle before adding the green chillies, cumin seeds and allow the tempering to cook for a minute.
- Add the onions and cook till they lighten in colour.
- Add the potatoes and crushed peanuts and mix well. Cook for 5 minutes with timely stirring.
- Add the poha, salt and sugar and mix well. Cook on the low flame for about 5 minutes with timely stirring.
- Finish the dish by squeezing some fresh lemon juice and garnishing it with fresh chopped coriander. Serve hot.
Try a tip
Try using fresh grated coconut or sev (seasoned fried Indian noodles) to garnish the dish.