Roasted sweet potato chips
Common on now, we all know it that despite our best efforts to eat healthy, a little bit of cheating is needed to keep our spirits up. And when it comes to cheating to replace healthy food, nothing better than potato chips. So, here is a slightly better version of chips that will allow you to relish on junk food while sticking to healthy food habits.
2 big sweet potatoes (peeled and cut into chips), 2 tablespoons olive oil, a sprinkle of red chilli powder or crushed black pepper powder, salt to taste, a squeeze of lemon, mayonnaise and salad leaves to serve
- Add olive to a bowl and to it, add salt and black pepper powder/chilli powder. Whisk it thoroughly using a spoon.
- Dress the sweet potatoes in olive oil, using your hands to ensure proper application to all the sweet potatoes.
- Lay out the potatoes in a baking tray and bake for 30 – 40 minutes at 200⁰C
- Transfer into a serving dish and give it a slight squeeze of lemon before serving.
- Serve with chopped salad leaves and mayonnaise
Try a tip
Try serving it with grated cheese instead of mayonnaise. Just sprinkle a handful of freshly grated cheese before serving but after the potatoes are out of the oven. The warm potatoes will slightly melt the cheese naturally, giving a lovely creamy taste to the recipe. A great variation if you are a big fan of cheese.