Seasoned tofu bean salad
While I go about making those different hours consuming exotic dishes for my hubby, he bowls me over by this simple cous cous recipe he makes for his quick lunches to take to office when I am not around. So, this one is a dedication to this fantastic chef in my house, whom I also happen to be madly in love…This one is for you…and from you Hubby dearest
½ cup cous cous, ½ cup boiling hot water, ½ tablespoon vegetable stock powder, ½ cup boiled red kidney beans, ½ cup tofu cubes, ¼ tablespoon red chilli powder, ½ sliced leek, ½ chopped spring onion, ½ chopped bell pepper, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, 5 cherry tomatoes sliced into halves, salt and pepper to taste, oil to cook
- Transfer the cous cous to a big bowl and add the boiling water to it. Stir in the vegetable stock powder, cover the bowl and allow it to stand while you carry on with the rest of the recipe.
- Roast the tofu cubes on a open pan till they get a golden crusty look. Remove and keep aside.
- Heat some oil in a pan and add garlic to it. Cook for 3 minutes.
- Add the leeks and spring onions and cook for another 2 minutes. Be careful NOT to cook them till they start turning colour, or else you will lose the freshness of the recipe.
- Add the red chilli powder and cook for another minute, assuring that it spreds evening amongst the leeks and onions.
- Add the red kidney beans, bell pepper, tofu, salt and black pepper and mix well. cook for 3 minutes.
- Uncover the cous cous and fluff it well using a spoon. By now, all the water should have been soaked by the cous cous.
- Add this to the pan and mix well with the pan ingredients. Cook for a minute and serve warm.