Thai sweet potato and carrot soup
For quite a while, my selection of Thai food was limited to Thai curry and Thai noodle soup. But running out of new soup recipes to try and trying to use up what was available at home has re-introduced me to the adventure of healthy Thai food. And here is my first food adventure tale.
2 small chopped carrots, 1 chopped sweet potato, 1 chopped onion, 1 finely chopped garlic clove, ½ tablespoon crushed ginger, ½ tablespoon vegetable stock powder, 7 – 8 mint leaves 350 ml of coconut milk, 2 tablespoons green Thai curry paste, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, dried coconut, finely chopped coriander, salt to taste and oil to cook
- Heat some oil in pan and temper it with garlic and ginger.
- Add the onions and cook till they are translucent.
- Add Thai sauce, vegetable stock powder, fresh lemon juice, mint leaves, sweet potatoes and carrots to the pan and mix well. Top it with ½ glass of water and bring to a boil. Shimmer for another 20 minutes, or till the vegetables are soft.
- Transfer to a blender and make a fine paste.
- Transfer the ingredients back to the pan and add coconut milk. Add water to bring to a desired consistency. Bring to a boil and shimmer for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Garnish with dried coconut and coriander.