Tofu alla pesto
Being a veggie, I instantly took to tofu. What a wonderful, soft and healthy replacement for paneer. Used properly, it can create mouth watering dishes…like this one…a fusion of Italian with Chinese…and just as delicious as ever.
8 medium sliced firm tofu strips, 2 – 3 tablespoons of green pesto, ½ sliced leek, 1 grated garlic clove, a handful of finely chopped coriander, salt and pepper to taste, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, oil to cook
- Marinade the tofu with the green pesto by gently rubbing it on the surface, allowing it to penetrate. Leave it aside for 20 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a skillet and temper it with grated garlic.
- Add the tofu and roast it for about 5 minutes on each side on a medium flame.
- Add the leeks, salt and pepper and cook for another 2 – 3 minutes.
- Garnish with coriander and squeeze in some fresh lemon juice before serving. Serve hot…right from the skillet is even better!