Warm quinoa and black chick pea salad
Quinoa is a great source of protein. Coupled with another good protein source, chick peas, and with a bunch of fresh veggies makes with salad exciting yummy and healthy.
1 cup pre-cooked (boiled) quinoa, ½ cup boiled black peas, ½ peeled and chopped carrot, ½ sliced leek, 5 chopped red radishes, 8 – 9 largely chopped sweet pods, handful of fine chopped fresh mint, 1 grated garlic clove, 2 finely chopped green chillies, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste and a drizzle of olive oil
- Heat the oil in a pan and temper it with the grated garlic and chilli.
- Add the leeks and sweat them for about a minute.
- Add the carrots, sweet pods and radish and stir well. Cook on a medium flame with the lid on for just about 1 minute…mostly to warm up the vegetables and allowing them to take up the seasoned olive oil.
- Add the quinoa, black chick peas, salt and pepper, stir well and cook for another 30 seconds with the lid on.
- Switch off the flame and remove onto a serving plate. Squeeze in some fresh lemon juice and stir in the mint. Mix well and serve warm.