Deep blush soup
A blush of love…that is all I could think of when I saw this soup this evening and hence the name. Yummy to taste, it is filled with the goodness of nutritious food and the colour is absolutely inviting. Definately recommended.
3 medium diced carrots, 1 medium diced beetroot, 1 sliced red pepper, ½ sliced onion, 2 finely chopped garlic gloves, about 1 cm root ginger, ½ green chilli, 1 vegetable stock cube, salt to taste and oil to cook
- Add some oil to a pan and spike it with the garlic, chilli and ginger.
- Add the onions and sauté the onions for about 3 minutes.
- Add the carrots, beetroot and pepper to it and 1 ½ glass of boiling water.
- Add the vegetable stock cube and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Shimmer for the next 30 minutes on a medium flame.
- When the vegetables are soft enough, transfer the mixture to a blender and liquefy it.
- Transfer the mixture back to the pan and bring it to a quick boil.
- Season it with salt and serve warm with a crusty bread.