Mexican stuffed sweet pepper
I love Mexican food…most of it is quite easy and relatively nutritious as well. here is one such recipe. easy to make, it can be quite a show stopper at a party as well.
2 halved de-seeded red sweet peppers, ½ cup boiled rice, 1 small, finely chopped red onion, 2 grated garlic cloves, ½ cup corn niblets, ½ cup jalapenos, 1 large de-seeded and finely chopped tomato, ¼ tablespoon red chilli powder (optional), grated or sliced cheese of choice, salt to taste and oil to cook
- Mix the ingredients, except the cheese and peppers, to form a filling mix. All these ingredients may be stir fried together for about 5 minutes for added flavour.
- Grease the outer surface of the peppers with oil and stuff them with the above filling mix.
- Preheat oven to 160º C and bake the peppers for 2o minutes.
- Remove the peppers and top them with cheese and bake now for another 10 – 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with chilled guacamole
Try a tip
Use boiled red kidney beans instead of rice and ready fajita mix spice powder instead of jalapenos for added Mexican flavour