Peppers have always been a favourite in my household, so these is never really an excess of them. But when there is, there is nothing as good a food treat as this baked and rice-stuffed peppers to get them used up! Here is a great side dish that will match any main meal on your menu.
2 peppers, 1 bowl of boiled rice, 1 tablespoon each of sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds, 1 small finely chopped onion, 2 tablespoons of green pesto, grated cheese (optional), a sprinkle of salt and black pepper, oil to cook
- Cut the peppers in half and de-seed them to create a filling cavity.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together the rice and green pesto and season as per taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stuff this mix into the pepper.
- Grease all surfaces of the peppers with some oil. Similarly greasy the baking tray with oil as well.
- Bake the peppers for 30 – 40 minutes at 200°C.
- Serve hot with a sprinkle of grated cheese and tomato ketchup